By Georgette Kilgore | Updated on June 22, 2021
Owner and Data Controller: 8 Billion Trees, 5440 West Sahara Ave #280, Las Vegas, NV 89146
Owner Contact: [email protected]
Data Types Collected by 8 Billion Trees:
- Personal Information, including (if applicable) email address, password, first and last name, picture, username, mailing address, social media profiles
- App Information
- Options Concerning Your Data
- Collection, Use and Sharing (Correcting Inaccuracies)
- Security Procedures for Data Protection
Access, Options and Control Of Your Data—User Rights
8 Billion Trees owns the data you voluntarily submit on this site, and any information collected here. However, we never sell or otherwise transfer ownership of your personal information or data to anyone. This information is used for specific 8 Billion Trees purposes, explained in the following section.
- You have complete control over your personal information and may request at any time, to opt-out of further communication or contact.
- You may, at any time, request to view (and receive) any data accumulated collected concerning yourself, and request that we update, correct, or erase that information.
- You may request and receive a complete deletion of any and all data we have about you.
- You may contact us at any time if you have concerns over the use of your data.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time to the following usage, collection, and sharing practices.
- To enact these options, you may contact us using our contact form, or at [email protected]
Collection, Data Usage and Sharing
8 Billion Trees collects certain, specific information about you when you contact us or visit 8billiontrees.com. We use that information to communicate with you (i.e. we’ll respond using the email address or other contact information you’ve provided).
8 Billion Trees will not share your information with an outside party or entity, outside our enterprise, other than is required to fulfill your order or complete your request.
8 Billion Trees will also use this information to contact you about special promotions, sales, or tree planting and site updates. You may opt out of this contact at any time, for any reason.
Additional Data Usage and Processing:
Methods of Processing
8 Billion Trees conducts approved and standardized security measures to prevent any unauthorized access, exposure, alteration, or erasure of your information. Processing is conducted using computer hardware, software, or other IT controls, for the purposes stated. External parties, such as tech providers, and business-to-business partners involved with data processing will have access to your information for the stated purposes. To request a complete list of any parties involved, contact 8 Billion Trees support.
Information is processed at 8 Billion Trees’ offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. In other words, this may involve transferring information to a country other than your own, but you may request at any time more information about any data transfers that may occur.
Retention of Data for Use
Personal data is stored and processed as needed by 8 Billion Trees for as long as necessary, or until you request the deletion of your data. You can learn more about the legitimate processes performed by 8 Billion Trees by contacting us.
Reasons We Process Your Information
The data 8 Billion Trees collects on you is for the purpose of communication, request fulfillment, compliance of legal obligations, and protection, but also includes:
- Payments Processing
- Analytics and Targeting
- Third Party Account Access
- Registration and Authentication
- Social Aspects, including interaction with networks and platforms
- Infrastructure Monitoring
- Customer Relationship Management
- Contact Management
For specific information about the Personal Data used for each purpose, you may contact [email protected]
Facebook and Social Media Permission Requests
8 Billion Trees uses social media to spread the word about our carbon offsets programs and tree planting initiatives, therefore, we may request Facebook Inc. and other social media permissions to interact with your account and retrieve information.
- Basic information, such as ID, name, picture, gender, location, friends, and any other public information.
- Access to the ‘About Me’ section of your profile.
- Access to your contact email address.
Purposes of Collecting Your Data
8 Billion Trees’ collect your information for the following reasons:
- Access to third-party accounts
- Analytics including system logging and IP address
- Contacting the User
- Displaying content from external platforms
- Handling payments
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms
- Managing contacts and sending messages
- Registration and authentication
- Remarketing and behavioral targeting
- Using Social Features and Platforms
In order to process financial transactions, 8 Billion Trees employs Shopify. To analyze data, we employ secure software strategies and aggregators. None of the organizations retain, share, or use your personal information for any secondary purposes.
8 Billion Trees may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. 8 Billion Trees may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, 8 Billion Trees does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
From time to time, 8 Billion Trees may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
8 Billion Trees also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged-in users and for users leaving comments on https://8billiontrees.com/ blog posts. 8 Billion Trees only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally identifying information
Those who engage in transactions with 8 Billion Trees – by purchasing 8 Billion Trees’ services or products are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, 8 Billion Trees collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with 8 Billion Trees. 8 Billion Trees does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Collection or Processing Not Covered in this Policy
You may request at any time more information on any additional data collection and processing.
Security Procedures for Data Protection
Any information you provide or we collect is protected by standardized cyber security practices online, and detailed operating procedures offline.
This includes encryption and secure transfer of sensitive payment information (see the lock icon on your address bar as well as the “https” address).
Employees who access or use your information and data for legitimate tasks are accountable by law to retain confidentiality and security. Your data is stored in a secure environment, however, 8 Billion Trees cannot guarantee absolute security.
Changes or Alterations to this Policy